Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gomer's Being Held Hostage!

Yo - Opie here.

I don't know what happened. We got up this morning and went for our walk (in the rain, I might add... you know how I hate that!). Anyway, we went for our walk and ate our breakfast and watched dogmom get drowned and then get dressed. You know, routine. I like routine. I don't like change much. In fact, I don't like change very much at all.

Anyway, dogmom got our leashes back out and said we were going to see Dr. Kate. I think I like Dr. Kate. In any case, I like the word "go" and I like "car ride" and I like "walk" and I like that whatever she was talkin' about involved needing our leashes. So, we go to see Dr. Kate at Pet Crossing in Bloomington. Then I remember. I do like Dr. Kate. Everybody there lets me give them sloppy dog kisses even before they ask for one, so it's a good place.

So, anyway, it started out pretty much routine. We waited in the room with the pretty rug and chairs and dogmom let us sniff everything. We got on the scale, one at a time. The nurse, Eliza, looked at our mouths and our ears and held that little circle thing next to our chests while she gave us a hug. (Again, one at a time.) And she asked dogmom some questions and they talked and stuff.

Then, Dr. Kate came in and we jumped on her and gave her dog kisses. Even Gomer did! And he's pretty stingy with his dog slobber kisses. So, I know for sure that Dr. Kate passes the tests and is one of the "good" humans. Anyway, she looked at our mouths and she spent more time on Gomer's mouth than on mine so I pretended not to care and sat in the corner and laid down and ignored all of them. So far, everything was normal and ok.

But then, I don't get it. Dogmom took me out to the car and left Gomer there. Just left him there. Yup. She went back in for a little while, but forgot him again when she came out. She got in the truck and started driving home. Something about Gomer needing to have his tooth fixed again. I don't get it. I mean, those people at Pet Crossing are really nice and all, but how could she just leave him there? I'm soooo worried.

Please help me figure out how to get Gomer back. He's my best bud and I miss him already. Please help me get him back home!
Wuf Ya - Opie

No comments: