Monday, July 31, 2006

Heat Wave!

Wow, it's been hot lately. We've been veg'n inside in the AC mostly. Mom drags us out of bed at the crack of dawn... well, she really drags ME out of bed, cuz Opie's up by then... to walk. Something about it being too hot later.

There's not a whole lot new to report... since it's been so hot, we haven't gone on many adventures. So, I thought I'd dredge up an old one...

Did you know that when I was a year old or so, I grew an extra toe? Yup. It popped out of the big pad on my right front foot. It hurt and I started limping, so mom looked at it and took me into Dr. Burke's. (That's my favorite vet... but she's in Arizona.) Anyway, Dr. B wasn't there that day and Dr. Quist looked at it.

It was really funky-looking, that toenail growing out of the bottom of my foot like that. Dr. Q gave me a shot of that stuff that makes everything look funny... and then he tugged on the new toe and it came out. He said it probably split from one of my other toes before I was born and just worked its way out.

I've got lots of weird medical history... maybe I'll share more later.

Wuf ya!

No comments: