Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Adventure Without Gomer

Man, I hate it when mom takes me places without Gomer along. Well, sometimes I hate it and sometimes I like it. I really like the extra attention and that Gomer doesn't keep butting his head in to get petted when mom is paying attention to me. I really like the one-on-one time. I really like being the sole focus of her (or anyone's for that matter) attention. Like I said when I introduced myself... it's all about ME!

But today I had to go to see Dr. Kelso without Gomer. It was okay at first. There was a little puppy there when I got there. She was cute, but didn't feel well. Her owner was way too protective of her and acted like it was my fault. So I ignored him. Then, the lady behind the counter was really nice and let me put my paws up on the counter and lick her face.

Then Dr. Kelso called us back into one of those rooms. I weighed 52 pounds. I like getting on the scale. But then he lifted me on the table, and I thought "Uh-oh!" I tried to jump off, but mom told me to stay and held me.

You wouldn't believe what Dr. Kelso was doing to me. I yelped and tried to get away, but it didn't work. Then he stopped. He told mom he didn't feel any stones. (Of course not, I thought, that's what you walk on... why would there be any inside me!) And, he said my prostate, whatever that is, feels ok. So, I have to take some pills. Cuz I have some kind of bladder infection, whatever that is.

But the absolute best part was mom taking me back home to see Gomer. I missed him soooooo much. And we romped and played and kissed and ran around in circles. I hadn't seen him in like forever! (Ok, so it was 45 minutes, but it seemed like forever!)

Wuf Ya! - Opie

No comments: