- Ian is 20 (dogmom thought he was 23 -- he's mature for his young age) years old, a fantabulous chef and was working at the newspaper in Bismark, ND, until he was to leave for the Navy in July.
- Ian broke three vertebrae in his lower back and one in his neck, along with some bruising to his lung, in the accident.
- Ivan, the driver, broke his ankle -- but still walked to the next farmhouse to get help.
- Ian's surgery to repair the broken vertebrae went very well, but he did incur some spinal chord injuries.
- Ian has been transferred from Bismark, ND, to a spinal rehabilitation hospital (Craig) in Denver, CO, to begin rehabilitation.
We're praying every day for Ian. See? (We're praying for Ivan and his family, too!)
We think that Ian might actually read our blog in between his therapy sessions... so we wanted to post something about him.
If you want to know more - or leave him a message - you can visit his Caring Bridge site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/iansweep. His mom updates it every day with his prayer wishes and his progress.
(Did we make you smile, Ian? Huh, did we?)