Dogmom planned to do this big to-do [snicker] for our Dogs' Aye View anniversary, which is this Friday, June 29th. Almost one year ago we started writing our blog!
Anyways, dogmom is kind of a statistician... and she predicted that sometime later this week our hit counter on our blog would register our 10,000th visitor. Well, you guys tricked her and sometime during the night last night the ticker turned over 10,000! We're sitting here grinning and smiling and wagging our tails, cuz she's so freaked out that she missed it. Silly human.
Anyways, dogmom planned to do this on Friday, but in honor of all our dogblog buddies that keep coming and reading our blog, she's posting it today ...
THE FIRST ANNUAL DOGS' AYE VIEW 10K:
We wanna make pawprints all over the world and celebrate our success by giving back to the people who helped to rescue us and those who work hard every day to rescue other animals from the streets or from bad situations. So, will you enter the Dogs' Aye View 10K and help us out? It's simple... just run around your keyboard ...
- For every visitor* to the blog over the next 10 days (from Tuesday, June 26 till Friday, July 6), dogmom is going to donate 10 cents to Friends For Life Animal Sanctuary, where she adopted us!
- But wait, there's more! She's going to donate another 10 cents for everybody that posts a comment to our blog ... about anything ... to Southwest Metro Animal Rescue, located in Chaska where we live, since they have the same no-kill philosophy about domesticated animals.
- But wait, there's more! If you tell us in your comment that you also clicked the purple button (upper left side of our blog, under our picture... or this link) The Animal Rescue Site on our blog to help feed shelter animals ... then she's going to donate another 10 cents to EACH of these fine organizations -- Friends For Life, SWMAR and The Animal Rescue Site.
- And, if you post a blurb and a link on YOUR blog that tells everybody and links back to us -- then she's going to donate a whole dollar (!) to the animal rescue group of your choice if you email her their information at email@example.com.
Wuf Ya !
Gomer & Opie
Here are some links:
- Southwest Metro Animal Rescue (http://www.swmetroanimalrescue.org/)
- Friends For Life Animal Sanctuary (http://www.azfriends.org/)
- The Animal Rescue Site (http://www.animalrescuesite.org/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3)
- See our "Doggerrific Links" at the left for more!
Here's the fine print...
- *We'll use Google Analytics to determine the number of visitors between midnight on June 26 and 11:59 p.m. on July 6.
- All comments posted between now and 11:59 p.m. on July 6 count toward the SWMAR donation.
- Since there's no way for us to know if you did or not, you have to tell us if you clicked the purple button ... and hopefully, you'll click the purple button at the top of their page to actually donate free food to shelter animals.
- Don't forget to email dogmom at firstname.lastname@example.org an tell her if there is a link on your site telling your friends about our race... and your favorite rescue's information so she can get them the money. She's only human, and may not see everybody's blog in time!