Friday, February 02, 2007

It's Good to Be Home!

Hi, Opie here. Gomer's too exhausted to post today from all our days of fun at Dog Pad. It's really tiring to be good boyz for Tory and Mike, specially for us two...
Anyways, I'm lounging now, too, but wanted to let you know that we're back. (Did you notice in the picture that I have Gomer's bunny?!?)

I was so totally excited yesterday... first, to see dogmom and to ride in the truck with her. I was licking her neck and standing with my front paws on the console between the front seats and sticking my neck way out far like a turtle and looking out the front window, just in case she forgot where she was supposed to be going. She didn't like me licking the front window so much... but I was just telling her, subtly, that she needed to wash it so I could see better.

Anyways, when we got home, I was even more excited. I couldn't contain myself any longer.

I tucked my hind legs under myself with my feet up by my head and my front paws pointing off in a "V" shape in front of me for balance and I bounced around and sorta ran but mostly hopped like a bunny in funny concentric circles all around the living room and dining room for several minutes. Dogmom really wanted to get a picture of me doing this, but I'm way to fast and all she can capture is the carpet after I've moved again.

Then, I'd stop and look at dogmom and bark and start the whole thing all over again. After about six or seven times, I collapsed on the floor, laying on my side, with my legs sticking straight out. I was sooooooooo happy to be home.

Gomer was happy, too, but he just spread himself out like a frog-dog on the floor and watched me go crazy...

Wuf Ya - Opie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you two! Glad you had a nice vacation :-)
Paula never lets me sleep with her unless we're staying away with friends or camping so you're very lucky ;-) Another busy day today on my mac - I'm now going to put my paws up & watch TV with Paula xx

DogMom said...

Yeah, Jim, our dogmom tried to make us sleep on dogbeds and not sleep with her... but there are two of us and one of her. Ha!

Deanna said...

Welcome home!