8 Secrets About Gomer
- My favorite song of all time is “Who Let the Dogs Out” by Baha Men. Whenever I hear it playing I stand up and dance, dance, dance!
- My favorite movies of all time are “Homeward Bound” and “Lady and The Tramp.” If dogmom puts one of those in the VCR, I stop whatever I’m doing and watch the whole movie from beginning to end.
- When I was a little puppy, my favorite “safe place” was in the space underneath the night stand in dogmom’s bedroom. Even when I got too big to hide in there, I would squeeze and contort my body so that just one foot hung out.
- Like Ike, sometimes I snore so loud that dogmom moves me … or kicks me off the bed completely.
- I’m very afraid of Boxers… even though some of my bestest blogging buddies are Boxers, when I see one in dogson, I freak out and get scared and try to run away. And Maltese dogs kinda freak me out, too, ‘cuz I mistake them for rabbits until I get close enough to smell them.
- When I start barking and dogmom says, “Whisper,” I do.
- I like to steal Opie’s chew bone when he gets up to get a drink and eat the liver out of the middle and then let him have it back.
- These are all related, so I’m counting them as one thing ...
- My canine teeth on my right side are both broken off and had root canals.
- During my very first root canal surgery, I woke up and tried to jump off the table before Dr. Visser was done working on my tooth.
- I have to go see Dr. Kate again next week to have another broken tooth taken out.
8 Secrets about Opie
- My favorite song of all time is “Fur Elise.” When it’s playing on the CD or dogmom’s cell phone, I fall asleep. If I'm really anxious (like during big boomies storms) and dogmom turns that song on, I'm better ... even if I still hide behind the curtain in the bathtub.
- I like to sit on the couch backwards and lay my head on the back of the couch and look out the window and dream about one day learning to fly and catching some of those birds and squirrels out there.
- I absolutely refuse to come when called unless what’s being offered is better than what I’m doing at that moment – and what is considered better changes every moment, too, so that dogmom has to keep trying new stuff.
- I sleep with my eyes open.
- I love to run … even when I’m not supposed to be running ... but I love to convince humans to play “Catch Me If You Can” even more.
- I especially like cats and children and little dogs … German Shepherds kind of scare me.
- When I start barking and dogmom says, “Whisper,” I bark louder and louder. She has to say, "Wanna go in your crate?" to get me to stop.
- I lay down in the corner of the room and whine and talk until dogmom figures out what I want her to do (sometimes it takes a long time!), especially when I want her to make Gomer give me my chew bone back!
So, those are 8 things about us that you probably didn't know yet. We're tagging Niko, Max and Amy at One Dog and Two Birds blog -- they just started blogging this month! (See their blog at www.balashankar.wordpress.com!)
Wuf Ya - Gomer & Opie