Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back Under the Knife...

So, dawgs...

I think some of you know that I went in to see Dr. Kate last week to fix the tooth that I broke the top off of... again. It was the lower right canine tooth. I had a root canal on that one I think with Dr. Visser in Arizona before I moved to Minnesota. Or maybe he did the upper right canine tooth. I don't remember exactly.

Anypaws, it was the lower right one that had a root canal a long while ago and then last week I broke off the restorative sealant off the top of the tooth. So Dr. Kate sedated me and tried to fix it even if it was only going to be temporary until next time I had to get the anesthesia.

Well. Dogmom says I must have decided I wanted some more surgeries. Cuz I broke off the restorative again over the weekend and had to go back to Pet Crossing yesterday. I had lots of stuff done and could feel that Dogmom was anxious about it. She kept saying "Awe, Gomer!" and "Geesh." and "Now what?" while I was sleeping.

I had to have two more big teeth pulled that were broken. Dr. Kate was able to fix the canine tooth so it didn't have to come out. (Dogmom says to tell you it's the nubby little one closest to my tongue in the top picture below.) And, Dr. Kate lanced my eyelid where the wasps or spiders bit me a couple of weeks ago and got out bunches of gunk and probably a stinger or two.

Dogmom says I don't look nearly as georgeous as Gemi when I wake up from anesthesia...


She says I look more like a drunken sailor that lost the bar fight. Not sure what that means, but it kinda made her laugh. Today... I'm hiding in the corner with my swollen cheek and eye...


Trying to avoid the dreaded ice hand that wants to hold my head.


Wuf Ya!

4 comments:

Peanut said...

awe gomer. I'm glad they could save your tooth. I bet the ice hand would help you feel better.

Ari_1965 said...

Ooh, I wouldn't like that ice hand, either. It looks to me like it wants to probe.

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

You need to take care of you teeth or else you won't get any crunch treats. You look angelic in that picture where you are asleep.

Dog Dad was wondering if the ice hand had any relatives that were proctologist. What ever that is.

Essex & Deacon

Thoughts said...

Poor Gomer! Hope you are feeling better soon :)