Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dogmom Needs Help!

Ok, so dogmom says that title is unfair and unnecessary and untrue. But, from our perspective...

Hey, don't bring me into this. I think all is grand and I actually like the thing living in the bathroom. It's got a stripey tail. It's you that needs help, dufus-goofball. - Opie

Wuf-up, dopester.

As I was saying, dogmom needs help. She brought this thing home to live in our bathroom. Well, really, she says it's not supposed to live in the bathroom forever. That, ideally, we would like the thing and that it would become a member of our family and we would be able to post videos like Tosca of how well we all get along at our house. (It does have a stripey tail.)

Well, I'm not falling for that. Maybe Opie likes the thing. But he's a dopester. Even though everybody thought he would be the problem child when it comes to accepting new housemates, especially like the one living in our bathroom. He's supposed to be a hunting dog, after all. Fat chance... he's afraid of loud noises. And, have you ever seen a hunting dog wearing a sweatshirt because he's cold? 'Course not!

But, I doggress.

Anypaw, dogmom keeps trying to let us see and smell this new thing living in the bathroom. I mean, it's totally not fair. She either puts it in a crate or she makes us wear the dreaded basket muzzles... And then she gets really upset with me when I try to bite it or scare it away. "It's liiiiittle," she says. "It's maaaaah-mee's, leeeeeave it," she says. And then, she brings out the worst one.... "Go-mee! That's naaaaht approh-preee-ate!"

Can you believe she actually uses that one? I mean, I just sulk away and hide when she says that. That at least makes her feel bad. I really gotta get that thing out of the bathroom so I can unstuff it.

Anypaws, I still don't know what this thing is. It smells funny. It pees and poops in a box. A smelly box, I might add, that makes me sneeze. It has tiny little dishes for food and water that I can clean out with one tongue swipe. And... it's sleeping in my crate.

Help me, somebody! Um, er, well, I mean... Help Dogmom, Somebody! Soon!

Wuf Ya! - Gomer

9 comments:

Peanut said...

crap gomer your mom got a cat. How awful. We have no advice as to how you can stop wanting to eat it.

Ari_1965 said...

Ya can't expect Mr. Dental Weirdness I to ignore a ready source of easily digestible protein. I mean, there it is...a nice little mouthful.

The Best Dog in the World tolerated cats when he was a pup (well, they were adults, he wasn't, and they slapped him around). Now, I don't know how he'd react to one in "his" house.

Anonymous said...

What adorable little cat feet. :)This is Deuce's Mom. Deuce has never even seen a cat.

Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Gomer,
I can totally relate. I live with 3 cats and they are a pain in the butt. However, let me point out some good things about living with cats.
1. You can hump them.
2. The poop in the litter makes a quite tasty snack.
3. You can steal their toys, which are stuffed with an odd, intoxicating substance that makes for an interesting Friday night.
Good luck & let us know how it goes!
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

It looks like you have a cat in the family. We have never had a cat but we hear they steal attention from the humans. As tempting as it might be to unstuff it, the Dogmom would probably be very unhappy with you.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Unknown said...

Wow - a cat!!! Good luck guys. Finally, we know now, whew :) Amy has always been very curious about them too. Hope the cat is fun.
Cheers
Bala & the gang.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is GOOD LUCK. It sounds like that thing in the bathroom is a cat. I have to live with three of them. One of them is nice. One just ignores me and the third one will get all hissy and prickly if I get near her. Go figure. Tip: your mom will probably get all upset and mad like if you try to unstuff that thing.

On the bright side, their boxes have these tasty tootsie rolls in them! I used to be able to snack on them sometimes, but my mom put a cat door in the bathroom door where the box is. I can't get through. I put that on my blog. I'll be back to see how it is going!

Woof!
Rusty

Anonymous said...

Ok, I gotta agree with Murphy Dogg... that is the BEST list...
and I will remember it when one of my dog friends thinks they need to add a cat to the family...
*you can hump them
*tasty snacks in that little box they go in
*and the catnip in the toys is awesome!

Deanna said...

It's VERY cute! Yummy!