Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hot! Hot! Hot!

So, that big black box in the living room that has voices was talking this morning and I heard them mention that it's going to be 100 degrees on Saturday, and even hotter with the heat index. Gaawleeee, did that bring back a flashback memory!

See, I started life in Arizona in the late spring. By the time Jennifer and Trish at Friends for Life found me in the dumpster, it was already in the 90's. I remember it was really really hot a lot. It was frightening; the heat made me really paranoid sometimes.

Sometimes, one of the people in the store would spray me with water. For some reason I made them mad and they sprayed me even more. I didn't care; it tasted good and when I was wet I felt a lot better. I think they liked me, really, cuz they kept throwing a lot of food into the dumpster where I was living.

Once F4L, Keiko and then Trish took me to live at their house(s), it was like being on easy street. I think about all the other dogs that don't have it so good. That are either tied outside with a small bowl of water, or are running loose on the streets looking for somebody to take them home. Gawleee, am I glad I don't have to do that anymore. I wish I could spread the word how important it is to keep your dog hydrated when it's so hot outside.

Wuf ya!

No comments: